Well, next week is the start of something amazing, National Novel Writing Month! So, to begin the count to it I thought I would share this year's writing playlist.
I am a firm believer that every book ever written has a soundtrack even if the author was conscious of it while writing it. That soundtrack could be rain hitting a window, the sound of their surroundings, or actual music. Music inspires me and really helps me set the tone of what I write. Try making a playlist for your story or let a playlist create itself by hitting shuffle on your choice of music player.
Well, here is my list (in no particular order), I hope it inspires you!
- Arsonist's Lullaby by Hozier
- Kansas City by The New Basement Tapes
- Okay I Believe You, But My Tommy Gun Don't by Brand New
- Wild Sun by The Strumbellas
- This is Gospel by Panic! At the Disco
- Talk Too Much by Coin
- Critical Mistakes by 888
- Bad, Bad, Bad by LANY
- Battle of Who Could Care Less by Ben Folds Five
- Do You Remember? by Jarryd James
- Give Me Love by Ed Sheeran
- Got You (Where I Want You) by the Flys
- How Soon is Now? by the Smiths
- I'll Catch You by the Get Up Kids
- Life Itself by Glass Animals
- Mess is Mine by Vance Joy
- The Mother We Share by Chvrches
- Settle Down by 1975
- Vacancy by Socialburn
- Ditmas by Mumford and Sons
- Rainy Girl by Andrew MacMahon in the Wildness