Thursday, December 29, 2016

There Is Good in This World and It's Worth Fighting For


My last post of 2016 was going to be about editing, but with how horrible 2016 has been that didn’t feel quite right. I had also considered writing an “In Memoriam” but that didn’t feel right either. What did feel right was listing the positive things that did happen this year (some are personal, some are positive things I read about on the internet.) I hope my list brings you some happiness and I hope you share your positive experiences of 2016 with me in the comments. (I will also be using the #RememberTheGood in my social media posts to share some positive vibes.)
  • I graduated college with a degree in English with an emphasis on Creative Writing
  • Thanks to the ice bucket challenge the gene responsible for ALS has been found, meaning we are closer to an effective treatment 
  • The Orlando Shakespeare Festival showed up with angel wings to block funeral-goers for the Orlando Pulse victims view from anti-gay protesters
  • Leonardo DiCaprio won an Oscar (finally!)
  • Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them came out on my birthday and it felt like returning home
  • Chewbacca Mom
  • For the first time ever a woman was nominated for President of United States and even though she didn’t win, her concession speech moved me to my core:

"I know we have still not shattered that highest and hardest glass ceiling, but someday someone will, and hopefully sooner than we might think right now. And to all of the little girls who are watching this, never doubt that you are valuable and powerful and deserving of every chance and opportunity in the world to pursue and achieve your own dreams.” - Hillary Clinton. 
  • The manatee population is no longer endangered
  • Green sea turtles were taken off the endangered list as well
  • The number of tigers rose for the first time in 100 years
  • It was announced that Harriet Tubman would replace Andrew Jackson on the $20 bill
  • The Chicago Cubs won the World Series (one year after my Royals did!)
  • The big hole in the ozone is starting to heal
  • West Africa is now ebola-free
  • Bernie Sanders started a fire that can’t be put out
  • Standing Rock stood its ground and won
  • Joe Biden memes and all of their glory brought me laughter when I needed it most




I truly hope that everyone has a fantastic New Year’s eve and that the New Year brings everyone love, happiness, and most of all hope.

See you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment