Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Favorite Books of 2018

I know this post is a little late but I just wanted to share my favorite books of 2018. So, in no particular order:



The Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager

A young woman returns to her childhood summer camp to uncover the truth about a tragedy that happened while she was there fifteen years ago (description from Amazon.)

This book was a scary and mind-bending read. I couldn't put it down and definitely recommend it!

Lethal White by Robert Galbraith (a.k.a. J.K. Rowling)

When Billy, a troubled young man, comes to private eye Cormoran Strike's office to ask for his help investigating a crime he thinks he witnessed as a child, Strike is left deeply unsettled. While Billy is obviously mentally distressed, and cannot remember many concrete details, there is something sincere about him and his story. But before Strike can question him further, Billy bolts from his office in a panic (description from Amazon.)

Lethal White is my favorite installation of the "Cormoran Strike" series. It's addictive and smart. I loved it. Read this book and each one that came before it. You won't be disappointed.


The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw

Hocus Pocus and Practical Magic meets the Salem Witch trials in this haunting story about three sisters on a quest for revenge—and how love may be the only thing powerful enough to stop them (description from Amazon.)

I read this as research for the story I am currently working on and it was a great decision. I love stories about witches and unique small towns. This book is magic itself and I am glad I picked up.


The Death of Mrs. Westaway by Ruth Ware

On a day that begins like any other, Hal receives a mysterious letter bequeathing her a substantial inheritance. She realizes very quickly that the letter was sent to the wrong person—but also that the cold-reading skills she’s honed as a tarot card reader might help her claim the money. Soon, Hal finds herself at the funeral of the deceased…where it dawns on her that there is something very, very wrong about this strange situation and the inheritance at the center of it (description from Amazon.)

You can't go wrong with Ruth Ware. The Death of Mrs. Westaway left me spinning. I didn't see the twists coming and man, were there some major twists!


Thanks for reading and I cannot wait to see what the literary world has in store for us readers in 2019!




1 comment:

  1. Our highly trained florists will handle your Valentine's Day flowers of a dozen long stem purple roses, anniversary
    flowers, birthday flowers, get nicely flowers, or a sympathy funeral flower association.

    ReplyDelete