Tuesday, October 25, 2016

One Week to Go




Well, next week is the start of something amazing, National Novel Writing Month! So, to begin the count to it I thought I would share this year's writing playlist.

I am a firm believer that every book ever written has a soundtrack even if the author was conscious of it while writing it. That soundtrack could be rain hitting a window, the sound of their surroundings, or actual music. Music inspires me and really helps me set the tone of what I write. Try making a playlist for your story or let a playlist create itself by hitting shuffle on your choice of music player.

Well, here is my list (in no particular order), I hope it inspires you!

  1. Arsonist's Lullaby by Hozier
  2. Kansas City by The New Basement Tapes
  3. Okay I Believe You, But My Tommy Gun Don't by Brand New
  4. Wild Sun by The Strumbellas
  5. This is Gospel by Panic! At the Disco
  6. Talk Too Much by Coin
  7. Critical Mistakes by 888
  8. Bad, Bad, Bad by LANY
  9. Battle of Who Could Care Less by Ben Folds Five
  10. Do You Remember? by Jarryd James
  11. Give Me Love by Ed Sheeran
  12. Got You (Where I Want You) by the Flys
  13. How Soon is Now? by the Smiths
  14. I'll Catch You by the Get Up Kids
  15. Life Itself by Glass Animals
  16. Mess is Mine by Vance Joy
  17. The Mother We Share by Chvrches
  18. Settle Down by 1975
  19. Vacancy by Socialburn
  20. Ditmas by Mumford and Sons
  21. Rainy Girl by Andrew MacMahon in the Wildness



No comments:

Post a Comment